Sunday, February 18, 2007

Mom, Can I start dating?

That is how Brock greeted me on Wednesday after work. He was sitting at the table doing his homework.
'Why?' I asked.
"Because it will open a lot of doors for me." He said. (??)
'Ah, sure. Dating like 'going steady' or like going out to the movies?' I replied.
"Both" he says.

Somehow we got on the subject of his ears. He has some ears that don't like his head. They stick out quite a bit. I don't tell him that but he knows. I was asked by the Dr. at his last check up if they cause him any problems with kids at school. At that time he was still in his old school in Appleton and they didn't seem to be a problem. But I think kids are starting to notice.
Reece likes to joke around with Brock about his ears, and so does Duner. But Brock knows it is just in the spirit of fun, nothing bad.
Dr Schimke mentioned something about getting that taken care of and I mentioned that to Brock. He was excited and nervous at the same time. He had a hard time focusing after that.


UPDATE: He paid a friend to ask if a girl wanted to date Brock. She said no. 'I planned it that way' he said.

Brock was out five cents.

Cheap friend, Brock said 'He will do anything for money'.

Apparently.

No comments: