Monday, November 26, 2007

Sad News.

I was shocked and saddened to see an email pop in to my box on Friday...
She was 58 and it wasn't exactly expected. I had just heard on the Sunday before that she was even sick.

It said...

Some of you we have tried to contact, others we have already had the opportunity to talk to. For those of you who have not heard the unfortunate news, our mom passed away today while at AMC in Appleton. Most of you knew how sick she was, but it still comes as an unpleasant surprise. She had a rough night at home last night with shortness of breath and being exhausted. This morning she was scheduled for some lab work at the hospital but she was so weak that dad called Gold Cross Ambulance non-emergency to take her for her appointment.

While she was at the hospital, she went into cardiac arrest. They tried several times to revive her, and even got her pulse back once or twice, but it didn't last. They tried everything they could for her, but in the end it just wasn't enough. They don't know exactly what caused her death, but they speculate that her heart threw another blood clot that went into her lung. The nurse said she put up a good fight and did not suffer. There will also be an autopsy to find the final cause. Dr. Hari from Froedtert even called today to talk to dad and say how unexpected this was and that dad can call him anytime if he needs anything.


I will be attending the visitation, but I am unable to go to the funeral. My Mom suggested that I bring Zeb with since it is something he will need to experience sooner or later. It will be his first experience with death. I am going to research online what to expect from him so I am better prepared. I don't remember how the kids acted when Duner's Uncle David died. Reece was really young, and Zeb wasn't around yet. Brock's always been care free.


She was a nice person and will be surely missed by those that knew her. I feel bad for them. This time of year is extra hard with the loss of a loved one.

Unfortunately, they will get reminders every year when Media and Marketing talk of Black Friday...

also known as the day of her passing.

No comments: