Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Welcome Fox Cities Triathlon Clubbers!

Since I am the featured member of the Fox Tri Club this week, I will write about my triathlon life. I am not a FAST tri-athlete. I COMPLETE THEM. Not to be confused with compete. It is so nice to have fellow athletes that know our pain. Understand our fears. Not to mention, know our lingo.
Now, I admit, when I am not the last one on the list of finishers I am happy. Ok, I have to admit I would love to be in the top 10, but I am working on that. I am a MOM first. I need to balance the two aspects in my life.

So I was trying to talk my husband in to doing a triathlon, but he is still TOO SCARED! I don't know what to say to get him to just jump on in! He thinks he can't do it unless he has a new bike. Which is strange since he wouldn't let me just BUY a road bike until I proved myself.

I was trying to tell him NOW is the time to get going and pick which one(s) you want to do so you don't have to pay so much to do them. I just sent in my money for the High Cliff Triathlon.

I am trying to get improved in my running. I have improved, SLOWLY! I know it is not going to happen over night. I have lost weight, but only about half way to where I want to be next year. Running is a great way to help lose weight.

This school year it has been tough finding the time to workout. I usually like to get my workout in right in the morning, but since my youngest is in afternoon 4k, we usually stay home until the bus comes to get him. I don't want to leave because I am afraid I will lose track of time an miss the bus. Zeb LOVES the bus.

Speaking of Zeb, we took him to the Dentist yesterday. About 2 weeks ago he fell while riding his scooter and knocked one of his front teeth lose. It is now turning a nice dark color. It was shifted back a little bit, too. According to our dentist he should be ok he told us what to watch for, in case of infection, but otherwise it should just stay there until it is ready to fall out. (crossing our fingers and toes) I really don't what to have it pulled. He was terrified when he found out that his teeth will fall out. He told me he no longer wants to have anymore birthday's. He wants to stay 5 forever!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Tell Zebbie that Auntie Jill fell down a stairs when she was little and her front tooth turned colors too.

Also tell him that Auntie Sara isn't going to have any more birthdays; she's going to stay 37 forever.