Friday, May 09, 2008

Decisions, Decisions...

After 3 interviews, this week has yielded us 2 job offers, and showed us Duner can not do shorthand. (?)

Job #1.

Is 9 miles away.
Is a dirty job.
Probation period of 90 calendar days.
Pay starts less, but then more than his current job after probation.
Health ins is $103 /month for family.
Dental is paid by employer.
75% of YMCA membership is paid by employer.
Union Job. Yuck.
Southern swing 8 hr shifts.
Good Overtime potential.

Job #2.
Non-Union job.
Is more like his current job. (operating a paper machine)
Is 7 miles away.
Probation period of 35 days.
Pay is about $3 less than his current job. But they have raises every 6 months in addition to annually. I don't know how much they are but we will ask on Monday.
Paid every 2 wks.
Rotating 12 hr shifts (2 on/ 3 off/ 3 on/ 2 off) May be a problem for BJ Clancy scheduling.
Some Overtime.
Health insurance is about $150 per month for family.

Both are closer than his current job.
Duner is worried about #1 being a union job and a longer probation period, especially after what happened last time. If anything, these last few months has taught us we may be able to live on less, so maybe #2 would be nice. Only 7 miles away. Very nice, especially with gas prices. He could BIKE to work easy! : ) - I just did for the first time this week. It went well, but I froze my fingers on the way too work, but the ride home was nice. My work is about 6 miles away. I really like the insurance premiums for #1 and I LOVE THE YMCA MEMBERSHIP part. We could get reimbursed for my family membership that I currently pay for.
Both have 401k and employer contributions.

Now I am going to try and sleep on it. Argh. I do miss my sleep.

No comments: