Saturday, January 03, 2009

Still learnin'

They came!! My new running shoes came... I am so excited!! My Brooks Axiom 3's.

I ran 5 miles in the old ones on Thursday, it was ok, but I am REALLY lookin' forward to try out the new ones soon. I have to run 7 miles tomorrow, so hopefully I can break them in. I am going to have my old ones with me so I can switch off if I need to... I thought it was suppose to be only 3 miles but then I rechecked the calendar, and *gulp*, I was wrong...

The 5 miles went really well. I was glad to see my partner K, stickin' it out and doing the full five miles with me. We ran one mile on the dreadmill and then 11 laps on the track (which is one mile) then back to the dreadmill til we had our five miles in. It actually went really fast. Considering 2 months ago she couldn't even RUN 10 minutes!! She is doing AWESOME.

She even kept running as I pushed the buttons on her treadmill increasing the speed. She was so doubting herself, but in the end she ROCKED out the higher speed will minimal complaining.
: ) You did GREAT K!

I also learned some things today...
  • Our Carbon Monoxide detector goes Crazy when we have a power failure. Freaking out my kids.
  • 'Power Failure' can mean not a COMPLETE LOSS OF POWER. You may just have some dim or flickering lights but not enough power to work anything, such as a vacuum or computer.
  • Power can be out for almost 2 hours , for no apparent reason.
  • Even if you have a battery for a laptop, you do need electricity for wireless internet to work.
  • I really need to print out some of my phone numbers that I have on my computer, so when you don't have power and kids want to call some neighbors to see if they have power you have access to their phone number.
  • We Energies has a toll free number in the phone book... Thank God for that one... since I automatically pay our bill I never get a paper one, so I was desparately looking to see if I had a printed old bill to find the number.
  • I don't have any We Energies bills printed out.
Thankfully my power came back on about 2 hours later, but I missed out on a really cool work out that I was going to do today... bummer.
At least I got the Christmas tree taken down and some puzzle time in with the boys.
Zeb is a great puzzler!!

No comments: