Monday, January 09, 2012

How to love yourself.

How to love yourself by Me.

Apparently there is 18 steps to loving yourself (according to wiki) ... much more complicated than the AA 12 step program... go figure.

Apparently my 3 free pre- approved EAP counseling visits won't cut it. Dang.

Oh well, I will be figuring in this thing out one way or another!!

Admiting there is a problem is a good start. Pretending you are happy eventually comes back to bite you in the fanny. And filling it with credit also does the same thing. Eventually you have to pay up, um, or file chapter 7.

Brace yourself for the backlash. When you let people walk over you and talk down to you they don't like it when you buck them. When you find a spine or your opinion, you will rock the boat or heck tip the dang thing over like someone told me I was doing. Opps. Sorry about that... wait... no I am not... I REALLY need to stop apologizing for every little thing! I realize I do that a lot for other peoples things too!

Positive self talk. (insert Stuart Smalley here) "I am good enough, smart enough and doggone it, people like me!" Good friends are like gold. I am blessed to have some pretty awesome ones. I can't tell you how much I treasure there friendship and comforting words. How did they get so dang smart??

Turn off the TV. Be comfortable with the silence and your very own thoughts. Ok. maybe I need a little Pandora Adele radio on in the background. I love it. I am working on the silence part yet.

I have begun reading Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend. I hate reading. This is gonna be tough. My mind wanders off while I read. I usually end up having to re-read entire pages because I have wandered off not sure what I just read. Maybe it has something to do with having kids... lol. (see my positive self notes in the top of the pic for my bathroom mirror.ha.ha.)
Its a learning curve. I am working on it...



So I currently work 32 hours per week. I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY JOB! I am crazy lucky to have my co-wrkers and hours and pay!! Love it. But I need closer to 40 hours, so I am picking up addtional hours at the hospital as a HUC. It stands for Health Unit Coordinator. Also known as the 'know it all of the floor' or 'catch all'. Basically you are asked to call this person, or answer that phone, or open the door for that person (locked enterance). No start date yet, I still have to pass a test first. Urgh.
I hate tests for the same reason I hate reading. My mind wanders.

I love the fact that ther has been a full moon lately. Not only does it bring out the crazies to the medical facilities and ED's, but it also shines brightly into my apartment and I can watch it perfectly move across the sky from my couch. Love that! (See that big white thing in the picture?)

I spent the weekend chillin' with the Zebster at the apartment. The older boys wer invited but prefer the Soda and comforts of home. Brock downed 9 sodas on Friday alone. I believe the novelty will wear off soon... or his enamel on his teeth and he will remember the pain of the repair. He hates needles. We will see what gives first.

Zeb and I watched Harry Potter, Transformers, made popcorn, root beer floats, brownies, chocolate chip cookies and went to the library. (Oh, and we had real food.) He had to pick up a book for a report on Abe Lincoln. While we were there 'Chloe' came up to Zeb and excitedly said "Hi Zeb!" oh, I just loved watching him turn into a turnip!! It was adorable!!

So this week, I see the counselor for session number 2 on Tuesday, Testing for said new job on Wednesday and 'interview' for new job on Thursday. This should be the most fun interview I have ever had since the manager already told me I have the job. She rocks.

Can't wait for the weekend!!! Woo Hoo! Busy. Busy week ahead!

No comments: