Friday, January 20, 2006

We are goin' SKIING!

We vowed this is the year. We did it when we dated but have lacked the time (or ambition) but this is the year it will be accomplished. We have picked a date. February 19-20 (Sunday-Monday). So Duner won't have to take time off.
Now, We need to pick a location. Brule, Camp 10, Naverino and Nordic were all names of ski hills that we have thought of, but there are ups and down's to all. We are going to get a hotel room with a pool so the kids (and us) can warm up after being on the slopes all day. I rather like Nordic since we are most familar with that one, but they don't have ski time on Monday during the day. (Duner thinks he will want to go 2 days in a row.)
It doesn't say anything bad about 3 yr olds and skiing so I think we should be ok. I, obviously, will not be doing anything on my own. I will leave that to Duner. I like to play it a little safer. I rather like the placement of my limbs and joints. No need to reassemble.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I've never been downhill skiing. I have this idea that it would be fun, but then I remember, it's expensive, and I'd have to spend a lot of time learning how to do it, and I'd probably end up with a broken leg. Maybe someday I'll be flush with money and give it a try. Today would be a good day, because it snowed 2 inches here, but I am poor right now. Oh well.

Sara.

Duners2 said...

You should go with us! The boys have to learn too! It has been 10 Years for me!! It is SO FUN! Start saving your pennies. You have 1 month!!!
: }

Sara said...

Where are you thinking of going?