Saturday, August 11, 2007

Reece's Triathlon 2007

Reece was in the water warming up here... Very Nervous. After a stop at the poly john (aka Port-a-potty) He confessed he felt like he was going to toss his cookies.
Coming out of the water after the swim! He did great in the swim! Coming out in 3rd place. He later told me "Mom, my legs were SO tired after the swim. I liked the run better than the swim." His swim goggles were only for looks, they never made it to his eyes. He completely forgot about them until he was getting his bike helmet on.
Just Finishing the bike, heading in to transition area to start the run.


Wow! What fun! Here Reece is holding up his Medal. I love that all the kids get a medal. Brock is pretending to be sad in this picture, Geez, can you tell?
I had a blast watching the 2 and 3 year olds do this. Zeb would be awesome. It was cute to see them walk the swim (only going up to there waist) and run out to the transition area. One little boy was carried the entire swim, crying just like a siren, but as soon as he came out of the water, he was movin'! I think Reece's entire Triathlon was maybe 20-25 minutes max. It went quick but he was so tired. This was a great self esteem booster for him. He worried about it so much. He didn't mind when other kids would pass him, he said he told a few of them 'good job', as the passed him. I was glad to hear that because he is so competitive. We didn't stay for the trophies. Reece didn't think he would have gotten one. (He did take his time in transition, so I don't think he did either).

He did a great job, just tri'n.

Now, on to Wisconsin Dells...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sara said...

Way to go Reece!
I wish I could have been there!