Sunday, February 17, 2008

Closed.

We are all hunkered to our homes around here. Everything is closed in anticipation for snowstorm Isabella. It began as rain/ sleet then turned into snow. When all is said and done were supposed to have 5 to 8 inches they said. It seems pretty minor compared to our neighbors to the south.

They have even closed the MALL and the YMCA. I don't remember the last time that happened. I am glad we made it to the store first thing this am to load up on oranges, bananas, fruit juices, ice cream (for sore throats), Robotussin DM and dog food. We are good to go.

I am pretty happy since I am fighting off a bug. No working out for me lately, I really need to get rid of this thing. Cough, congestion and nausea thanks to the intense post nasal drippage. Yah, good times at our house.

Brock woke up with some nicely swollen glands today, it looks like he has a nice double chin. He already proclaimed if it was not gone by tomorrow he was not going to school. I found this nice website from my work that tells you when to see professional advice. I wish more of our patients would use it sometimes.

We received an email from the school district yesterday that said Presidential candidate Barack Obama was supposed to stop by the High School (right down the road) for a Town hall meeting. Of course, today that too was canceled. I wasn't planning on going but it would have been neat to hear about it.

Duner's boss from the restaurant even called and closed the restaurant for the night. Sounds like lots of us are staying inside today.

No comments: