Saturday, February 09, 2008

Is the week done already?
Geez,

Monday the appraiser called to see if he could come and evaluate the house for the refinance we are doing. He had time right then and I just wanted to get it over with so I said sure. I warned him that it wasn't clean but he could come over. He told me he was going to give us $1000 for the deer mount to the house just for that. (He was kidding, of course.)
Also, I helped out at Zeb's school. I painted kids hands so they could make their hand prints on a calendar. Zeb's teacher was due to have a baby on friday, and she looked sick of being pregnant when I was in on Monday. We learned on Wednesday she had a baby girl, so Zeb has a substitute teacher until late April.
Tuesday I managed to get in some laps in the pool, grocery shopping and much laundry.
Wednesday we both worked at our two jobs. That should be the last time I work during the week at the Y. I am now scheduled to work only Saturday's. I do have some annual training coming up, but that will be only once a month.
Thursday we grabbed some fast food burgers for supper and warned the kids we were going to need time to work on our taxes. We bought a program to complete and file our taxes online. It took us about 2 hrs. I hate all the long words they use for different terms. But overall I think it went well.
Friday was the first time I was able to cook for the most of the week. We had Chili. I really wanted to get some kind of a workout in. I am finally really noticing the weight coming off and I really want to keep it up. I only have 15 more lbs to go till I reach my Happy Weight.
Saturday was my first real day at the new job. From the minute I got there it was just one thing after another going wrong. One of the 3 front desk employees didn't show up. It was just me and one other person. Scanner wasn't working. 3 out of 4 computers not working. 1 of 2 dryers on the fritz. Dangerously LOW on towels! Vending machines low on change, apparently due to Youth Night the night before. Craziness I tell ya!
The day just FLEW BY!! I had to take 4 groups of people on a tour of the Y. We sold 2 memberships off of those tours. One already had a membership and one was pretty excited and probably going to do it.
By the time I got home it was dark, I fed the kids and sent them out to shovel. They had the day off, it was their turn to work.
Now my turn to relax. I will tell you how I got my lovely black eye next time....

No comments: