Tuesday, February 19, 2008

One B-A-A-A-A-A-A-D Parent


This is what I wanted to do today... Some laundry, housework, and maybe recuperate from this congestion that has a tight grip on my head and chest.
So What did I do today?
I wake up at 4:30 unable to sleep thanks to the congestion and cough. I go to turn on the computer and get this lovely black screen telling my something about put in some reboot disk. That can not be good. Yep, my 13 month old computer died. Grrr.
After getting the boys on the buses, I get in the shower, get Z in a bath and get ready to take him to the Y so I can do some mandatory training on How to abuse your child. errr, make that how spot child abuse and prevent it. One of the perks for working at the Y is Z can be in child care for free since I had been working.
We got done with that in time to grab a quick bite for lunch and then drop off Z at school. I met the bus driver and told her I would be picking Z up after school too.
Then it was off the the Middle school to meet with Brock's LD teacher for his IEP. He is a real joy to be around... hmm, Who knew? (just kidding!)
After that I run home, grab our computer and receipts so I can bring it to the boys at CC so they can pretend to work on it. I am always amazed how they stay open considering they only have 5 cars in their parking lot every time we go there. So after looking at it and asking about any power surges we may have had, how old our house is, blah, blah ,blah... He says our HARD DRIVE IS SHOT. Gee, My first Gateway lasted 3 wks and our next lasted 13 months. Gotta love Gateway. Thankfully it is over a year so we no longer have to call Gateway to get replacement parts. We should have our desktop computer back within a week or so if it was the hard drive . Thankfully we have the laptop from my sis!!! Thanks Sara!
So then I head to Brock's and Z's school to pick them up. I find Brock and pick him up and while I am driving away I notice a kid on the ground in the snow without mittens, then this kid starts jumping on him and kicking him. Something in me snapped. I stopped lowered my back window and yelled at the top of my lungs...
"Hey Stop it! What is the matter with you? How old are you???"

As soon as that came out of my mouth, the kleenex box that Brock was holding magically popped up perfectly blocking his face from the view of the kid I just yelled at, while Brock mumbled "I am so embarrassed". I told Brock if that kid says anything to him, just tell him he is lucky that I was sick or I would have gotten out of the car and really gave him a piece of my mind!

I can't help but giggle when I think about it, now.
I keep seeing flashbacks of my parents driving down the main drag in Appleton on a Friday night with the Polka tunes blaring with the windows down... and us kids held captive in the back seat.

No comments: