Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Gym kid.

This week I took it upon myself to sign Reece up for spin class.

They have a program for 10 to 13 year old kids to get healthy and get a chance to be as the grown ups for a while. It was Monday, when I signed him up. The class was Tuesday. He had no say. I came home after working out at the Y and said "Guess what! Your taking a spin class at the Y!"

He answered in his laid back way, 'Uh, ok, but next time ask me.' (As if he had other major plans for Tuesdays at 6pm for 45 minutes)
So we brought him there and dropped him off, as I left him I told the instructor... "He is mine feel free to beat him."
And she kicked some butt! He was sweating pretty good. While he was in class Duner and I went to our local home improvement store to scan some ideas for our upcoming basement project. When we got back, he was dragging, but he LOVED IT!! He asked us to sign him up for the Thursday class as well. He asked me to put Brock in the class, but Brock is so skinny, and I don't need him feeling like he needs to eat more.

Tonight I ran on the treadmill while he did the class. Then she had the kids walk a mile before leaving.

So every Tuesday and Thursday for the next few weeks we are going to the gym together so we can work out.
I am really beginning to love this gym thing.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Tell Reece that I did spinning, and I thought it was a lot of fun!

Good for him!