Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fast Freaky Day

Saturday was an extremely busy day in our house. First thing, bright and early at 7am Zeb and I headed out to the freaky 5k. He was doing the 1/4 mile fun run, and the 5k with me.
Reece was supposed to join us be ended up with Strep on Friday,so he stayed home and slept.
I was looking forward to this because of the costumes that were involved.
This wild couple is only one of the many costumes that were displayed. I work with one of them but I won't tell you which one. I didn't get to stay for the judging, Zeb wanted to play at Brock and Reece's old playground. (A school near the park we were at.)
We saw a irish dancing girls, Oreo Double stuff cookie, M&M's, Witches, a lil' Chicken pushed in a stroller by a bunny, walking with a Cat. Zeb said to me "Mom they are all animals". Yep, he was right.


Zeb just liked to walk through and sometimes stop to 'rest' on our walk. He did really well considering we did run a little bit in the beginning.
















I thought these were a fun costume. It was part of a group of Teachers (I think they also did the half marathon too) that poked fun at the WLUK situation that I blogged about not to long ago that is still not resolved. You can't see it but it says 'NO SERVICE' on top of the walking sticks that they have and they had tv antenna's on there heads.






Here is the Ketchup and Mustard, and a not so 'hot dog'. Ha. Ha. get it?

If you could feel the temp that morning you would think the guy in shorts was in costume. Burrrrrr.














This was my lil' Ninja as he came running in from the 1/4 kids run that he did. He did great!











Then we had a Halloween Party at Zeb's School, we went home and grabbed Reece (he was feeling better and had been on his meds for over 24 hrs) and we made the rounds at Z's school.

At one point a woman asked Reece to show her son that Reece was really just wearing a mask, so her son would stop freaking out. Poor kid. It was funny to see how most kids were amazed at his mask.
Reece actually got sick of the attention, yes- rare I know, and took it off.
The kids got a free meal from Red Robin, culvers, snacks and stickers. So, We decided to go eat at Red Robin for supper. Brock Loved his burger. He said it was almost as good as FUDDRUCKERS. Wow.
We were on our way out to High Cliff after that but Grandma called to say she got a puppy and the boys wanted to see it immediately. Now they are asking to go see it again.... Maybe I will get a picture of it today.

No comments: