Thursday, October 09, 2008

TV Drama...

Up here in Northeastern WI we have a local cable company called Time Warner. Then there is Direct TV or Dish Network.
Or nothing.

When I was growing up, there was many times my Mom would shut off the cable due to the price increasing too much. There was not much say we had in that situation. Then somehow magically we would get it back again for a while.

Last week Friday Time Warner Failed to 'negotiate' a contract with our FOX Channel know as Channel 11. Meaning they can no longer broadcast their signal. They are the ONLY station in the area that I watched at 9pm to get my fill of nightly news, I do miss that.

Which also means no more PACKER GAMES.... um... without an antenna. Which does kind of suck. Yep in the Heart of PACKER COUNTRY, they can not see the games in HD PERFECTION!!

I usually only watch the last 15 minutes or so, but still. I have been told that Antenna's are hard to come by these days and Time Warner gave away a bunch of them to people so they could get the signal (aka: watch the game).

Currently they are airing some kids movie channel on that station 'until they can resolve the situation'. It is beginning to sound like an election campaign with both sides airing 'commercials explaining their side of the situation.

Channel 11 would like to receive 'fair market value' for the broadcast of the signal.

On one hand I understand Time Warner's stance and appreciate them standing up for us, by not wanting to pass on the bill to us... the consumer. Time Warners statement says that we should not pay for something they can recieve for free. True?

On the other hand IF, the other stations receive payment for broadcasting of signals, then I can understand FOX's view too. Apparently they were able to reach an agreement with Dish and Direct TV.

I wonder if WBAY, or WFRV or NBC26 get payments for the signals like Fox is asking for. I really don't want my bill to go up, but seeing how many Packer Games are left and How FOX is the ONLY station with the nice early newscast... I wonder how many complaints they Negoiators are able to put up with.... Then again, they are maning the phones or customer complaints.

It will be interesting to find out the results. Hope fully soon. I hate conflict.

I need Zen and Harmony, ok, and the Packer Game or early new would be nice again, too.
I just kinda feels like my Mom just cancelled cable again. Only time will tell.

No comments: