Saturday, October 18, 2008

So... What have I been doing lately?

The kids newest 'FAVE' game is Spore. They have been saving their pennies to purchase it ($50 bucks) and are half way there, but they lucked out an found a friend that can't use the game on his computer so he lets Brock and Reece play it here. They have had it all week and are LOVING it.

We are going to have a bathroom in the basement within the next two weeks. We picked out some tile call Mocha, with accents of Hazelnut tile. The guy that is going to do it is a professional that has just began doing this on his own. We heard so many good things about him so we are really looking forward to this.

We also just had the plumber come and fix Duners, um, water problem... remember the Brady Bunch post? Yayy!!! It took him like 5 minutes.

I have been feelin' all like an athlete or somethin', since I just signed up for a Half Marathon in Sarasota for February!! Can you believe it?

A girl I work with was tellin' me during the Fox Cities Marathon that she was going to be doing the Sarasota Grouper Half in February, and she was going to be running it. Wow! I thought. That is AWESOME! We haven't even finished this half yet and she already signed up for another one! So.... Fast forward to this past week... I was looking for some motivation to help me with the newest weight loss challenge I signed up for and asked her if she wouldn't mind if I trained with her. I told her I wasn't going to do the half but I wanted to train with her.

She said SURE! I was happy. I needed the encouragment. I like to know someone is waiting for me. We begin the 'training on October 26th. (Today I was quickly getting McDonalds on my way to work and who is in the drive thru behind me? She was!!!) Too Funny. I had a pretty good weigh in so I allowed my self 4 days of fat and bad eating, followed by 10 days of good, lean eating.

Then Wednesday she said "You should do the Half too!"
Wow. I guess that I never thought about it. REAL Athletes do stuff like that, not me.

Hey. I can be a REAL ATHLETE. Thanks Katie!!

I checked the price of tickets, and the race.... asked if my husband didn't mind me not being around on our golden anniversary (14 years on Valentines Day!) and he said "Go Ahead!"...

So February 12, I leave for Sarasota without my kids... or husband... to RUN! for 13.1 miles!!
in Sunny Florida....ahhhh.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I bought Spore too!