Monday, October 10, 2005

Decisions Decisions

Today we met with the Tycore. That is the company that is building our home. They gave us a binder with about 500 pages to read through at our leisure. ????? Like I have time?
We met with the Cabinet company today and picked out our cabinets and countertop. We are going on a dark countertop called Olive organix (see sample on right) because that is what
Duner wanted. Since we went with a dark countertop we chose dark appliance also. We are getting black and stainless stove and fridge to match the nickel color drawer pulls that we picked out. We will have Maple cabinets with a cedartone finish. In the bathroom I went with a countertop that is the exact same formica top we just put in our Kitchen here. It is lighter and called sand crystall. *on right*
Duner has been wanting to buy a pellet stove since his uncle put one in his home 5-6 years ago. We just bought one. We are putting it in the new home in the basement.
Thankfully we don't pay for it until January when they put it in. That is a picture of what it will look like. It will have a mossy green finish. We just put in a bag, set the stove at 70 degrees and run the fan on the furnace and we don't need to use our gas furnance! A couple of other people have told us that is what they do. When the stove is not pumping out heat it has a mirrored glass front that disappers with heat.
We found out our house number. It will be 388 Wooden Shoe Circle. We will be meeting with the plumber tomorrow and the siding and roofing guys. I don't know what color to go with since most of the homes that already exist in that subdivision are tan. I don't like yellow or blue. White is too boring. I just don't know what to go with. Maybe we will decide when we go in tomorrow. I must say that this whole building/selling house stuff is excellent for my diet. I just don't get much time to eat or feel like eating much when I do get to eat. Yeah!
Dr Al had me doing a "project' for him this weekend. I had to type over 300 address's onto a disk for him. He originally wanted me to print out all of the addresses on envelopes but my printer doesn't like that idea. So I put it on a disk for him to run it to Kinkos. I will say no more on that subject.
Hopefully tomorrow morning I can make it to the Boy Scout Uniform shop.

No comments: