Monday, October 17, 2005

It really works!

That is what Reece exclaimed when he saw me throw spaghetti to the ceiling. I had told him the spaghetti was done by throwing it up and if it stuck, it was done. Of course he had to try shortly after. He even ran downstairs to Brock and had him check it out. I learned that from my sister Sara. When I told Reece that he was wondering where she learned that from. I told him I don't really know, but boy was he impressed.

Here will be some of the decisions that we are currently working on.
This will be the color of the Brick. Done. (no question there)
I am torn between these different roofs. I would like the sage green siding to look as dark as possible. I might just call up the siding people and change it to a deep grey called granite. I am so torn.
I am leaning toward Colonial Slate.
But will a lighter shade make the siding look darker or lighter? Like Weathered Wood.
Luckily the flooring and lighting decisions were simple today. We are possibly going with at vinyl look alike for hardwood in the foyer, kitchen, and dining areas. It should be in the budget, but they will get me an estimate by the end of the week.
For the lighting, we are going with white frosted glass and a rusted metal color for the living room, kitchen,foyer and dining areas. They call it acorn.
The rest of the home will be polished nickel.

Flooring will be....





in the Laundry/ Mud room










in the Foyer/Kitchen/Dining Area















Bathrooms






Well lots to do, I am beat.
Good night.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I really don't remember where I learned the spaghetti trick. I think it might of been on TV. But Mom got mad when she came home from work to find spaghetti on the ceiling, I remember that. She told me I could throw it at the wall but not the ceiling. It's not as fun to throw it at the wall.

Like the darker color for the roof, my .02.

Sara.

Duners2 said...

Thanks for your opinion. I like that one, too, a little more than the light one.

Rach