Monday, April 17, 2006

All it takes

Hard to believe it has been almost a week since I updated. Wow! Time flys when the kids are out of school. Hopefully that will continue for the summer!
Well we had our Driveway poured on Thursday and by Friday we were able to walk on it and by next Sunday we will be able to Drive on it. Yes! We have to buy a dog kennel for the new slab for the Dogs. It will be so nice when we are able to put them in their true kennel. Right now we have a chainlink floor for them right now so they aren't able to dig their way out.
Auntie Sara came up for the holiday and they boys told Duner that they would rather stay in town with Sara then go to the races with Dad! I think Auntie Sara out ranks Dad on 'their LIST'. Zebbie has a list of his own. He went with Dad and couldn't wait to go. Duner actually signed up to win a "Modified stock car". Why???? I have no idea... It will be sold.
The boys didn't even know at that point that we had plans to see a movie. The boys got to pick either Ice Age 2: The Meltdown or The Wild. Both were cartoons, it didn't matter to me.
The older kids just love the pond near by. They love looking for frogs and tadpoles. Some neighbor kids in the area were displaying what you can do with explosives and frogs but I told the kids they shouldn't be doing that. Reece knew that was wrong, Brock thought it was cool, but Brock is 11. He likes to do or say things to get a reaction from us. He loves to hide and jump out and scare us. On Saturday he was using his new favorite word too much... "Duh." I finally got sick of him using it while we were out to eat with my sister. I told him if he said it one more time he would not be going to the movie. Within 5 minutes he lost the movie and was saying things like "I hope we don't go to a movie", "I don't want to go to a movie anyway".
Reverse Psychology. Totally!
We left the resturant and went for a trip to Barnes and Noble to buy a map for an upcoming trip to Europe and while we were in there he hugged me and said "I love you mom", I then told him "Ok you can go to the movie."
Anything to encourage that kind of Behavior.

No comments: