Sunday, January 14, 2007

Another Project down...

I spent about 3 hrs this am insulating the garage. I probably spent 1 hr moving objects. 30 min measuring, and 1 hr cutting the insulation. Yeaaaahhhh!!!
The Best part of the whole project is the fact that exact measurements are not required. I really like that. If it is to big, just jam it in. If it is to small, well then you do have to redo it. But usually I over estimated so that wasn't an issue.
They are now building two more homes near us, so the kids like to go and check that out, But I don't like them to go around there. Yesterday I hunted Reece down and found him playing on one of the mounds of dirt from the newly dug out basement. I guess it is better than him walking on the new basement walls. We also have a digger sitting right next to our house and is very tempting to the kids to check out.
Last night we took the kids to see Open Season. It is about a bear named Boog, who gets lead down a road of bad choices by Elliott the one antler deer. While a over angry hunter, named Shaw tries to evoke revenge on them. It was a very cute movie. We went to the late movie, Zeb fell asleep on the way there and I figured he would stay asleep the entire time but he was awake the whole movie. We had brought in a blanket so he could sleep if we needed it but he seemed to really like this movie.
When we left the theater we got stopped by a large black man and a plump white lady who were begging for money to catch a bus to La Crosse. Duner said we don't have any, since we just use our debt card for everything, so we could not help them even if we wanted to. They talked to Duner a little while longer but I went to buckle Zeb in the car. It was late and I was cold. I felt sorry for them, but how did they get here with out money? Why would you travel if you couldn't afford it? It just seemed fishy.
I am glad I wasn't alone. It is too scary out there.

1 comment:

Sara said...

There is a woman who wanders around downtown Madison asking for money "to get back to Milwaukee". She's been around for 10 yeara. I refuse to believe that in 10 years she hasn't been able to find a way back to Milwaukee. She's a crack addict. Harmless enough, but a crack addict. Last time she tried to get money from me, she had changed her tack, and was only asking for "a bowl of soup". Still didn't get my money though.