Saturday, January 27, 2007

New Computer Take Two!

I had the joy of the computer singing really strangely to me last night. It locked up and then had a high pitched sound like 'the computer got put on a cat' as the techinican called it. I called Circuit City, they said oh yeah I can hear it bring it in.
That was 6:30pm last night.

I left there at 8:30pm last night after finding out the hard drive was bad on my computer. Since it is over 14 days old I can not return it. Since they are in 'transition' to the new Windows Vista I can not exchange it since they no longer carry my computer in stock! OF COURSE. It is 5 yrs old in computer. (even though it is only 20-something days old). It is still under the manufacturers warrenty since it is kind of new so I (NOT THEM) had to call the manufacturer and get an new hard drive ordered. Lovely. I called right from there and I am glad I did since the guy I had working on my computer ended up having to talk to gateway anyway (???) to verify that I indeed did have a bad hard drive. Then they wanted to get a credit card number to hold payment until the hard drive that was bad was sent back. GRRRRR! Keep in mind that I have a 'protection plan' that we bought when we got the computer just incase anything would happen. Then the manager who luckily hid in another room having a 'meeting' told my helper guy, Chad, that I would have to PAY TO HAVE THE NEW HARD DRIVE INSTALLED!!!
See anything wrong there?
I bought the computer the last thursday in December. We had it installed by them in our house 4 days later. 10 days later I brought it in because it was locking up while online. They couldn't find anything wrong so they gave it back (of course) and NOW the hard drive is bad so I HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE IT INSTALLED????
I THINK NOT!
Chad said I am going to override my manager in this case and NOT charge you for this since you obvisously have had this going on for some time. (Thanks Chad) I could just feel the red appearring in my face due to anger.
I am NEVER EVER GOING TO BUY FROM THEM AGAIN!!! They have great people that work there, at least some of them but for the most part forget it!!!
It was still useable so I was able to bring it home. I plug it back in and *poof* it won't even turn on. I am at a local library working with there computer.
I am expecting a new hard drive from Gateway in 3-5 business days.Brock says I don't know what I am going to do without an computer for a whole week!!

Lovely.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I cannot believe that Circuit City is being so JERKY with regards to this. You have a lemon and it's less than a month old. Any decnet place would realize that and help you free of charge. If you contacted Gateway directly, they wouldn't charge you anything (of course, you'd have to fix things yourself.). The fact that they want to charge you is ridiculous. Installing a hard drive is stupidly easy. The hard part is getting it configured again. And that isn't even that hard...it's just time consuming. What a bunch of morons! I'm never buying from them!