Monday, January 22, 2007

Mr. Manners

So Brock had a friend sleep over on Friday. VERY NICE kid. His name is Alix. His step mom and dad I used to work with at Anchor Foods. His Dad also used to go to school with Duner. I also happened to meet his mom at a parenting class I had with Brock. Alix was 9 months, Brock about 3 months. Alix's mom eventually married someone that I used to work with in high school at Target.
Small world...
Anyway... That kid is the model child. WOW! Can I have please? May I please? Do you need any help with...? He sat at the table and waited to get up until everyone was done. He didn't eat anything until everyone was ready to eat. If someone wanted something he had, no arguments just ok, its yours. He had such a deep voice too. Very different from my kids. Many times I had to point out to Brock you don't do that or you DO do this. Brock doesn't usually have friends over. He is very awkward and you could say not very thoughtful. Alix wasn't done eating an Brock left him at the table, I had to ask him to return to the table.

I was so mad, I had Brock read an entire book of manners when Alix left.

That afternoon, Reece had some friends over. When one of the friends left Reece stayed down stairs with another friend. I couldn't really chew him out, but Brock was quick to get the book and point out that it says this in this chapter.... Mr. Manners.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Maybe that kid was on his best behavior? And your kids are on their best behavior when they are their house.

Sara said...

Skiing article here in Madison...