Sunday, March 02, 2008

One for the Looney Bin..

It has been a week of weird happenings. Loads of strange things goin' on.
At one job we saw A LOT of flu like symptoms. When I asked the Doctor if we were running a special, she replied " The scary part is how many are coming back positive." YUCK! So people LOAD UP ON VITAMIN C, ZINC AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU MAY BE ABLE TO DO!! Oh yeah, wash your hands!! Before and after everything!! You can never wash up enough, People!

While I was at work on Friday Brock (aka THE PITT) called me to let me know Grandma had brought over some food. It was an chicken and some 'noddles with white stuff' (aka pasta salad) and some 'potato stuff' (aka potato salad). He then went on to say, "But their isn't enough for you. You'll have to get your own". So sweet of him isn't it? Hmmmm...

I also saw a kid that had just tossed his cookies (2x), sprained ankle, and multiple abrasions requiring aid that was at the YMCA! I worked 2 full days this weekend. Another kid tried to have in indoor snowball fight. We had incident reports flying off the shelves. A man and a woman tried to buy a 'Youth pass' for 8 bucks, but when she gave me her date of birth she slipped up on the year and told me she was born in 1981. When I mentioned it, she said, "Oh yeah, I mean 1990." 1981 is not even close to sounding like 1990. Ok math is not my strongest subject, but I can quickly figure out that she should be over 20 if she was born in 1981. Geez. And the price difference between the adult and youth-18 pass is TWO FLIPPING BUCKS!!! Is it that hard to spend the extra dollars? And she wasn't even paying for it, it was the guy she was with!
A local gymnastic place in the area closed down and was giving all of his equipment to our Y. He was bringing in today some beams, parallel bars, a ZIP line (that will be fun for the kids), and some containers that hold that powder you put on your hands to grip better. It was SO NICE while he was doing it because it was BEAUTIFUL HERE this am. The sun was shining and it was finally warm! 38 degrees. That was a nice change!

Speaking of cookies, we had gotten our 5 boxes of girl scout cookies on Friday. Duner got them from someone at his work. Before he could make it home, on box was gone. He had opened up half of another, so I tried to salvage what was left and was going to bring it to work but I had forgotten it at home and they ate all the thin mints!! We only had 2 boxes of peanut butter patties left.

One box I gave to my Dad for his birthday, along with a gift certificate for the Barbershop for Men (he may not have much hair but they give hot towels and massages- it is an experience..and only for men.), and the other box, didn't make it the night. We went thru 5 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies in 30 hours!!!

Ok, so he doesn't have a tattoo of a man with a lawnmower on his head but it is kinda close!

It is currently rain storming out side right now, it is kinda cute, every time it flashes lighting, Zeb yells "Look and the lighting!"... every time. How quickly he forgets...

We now have an ice rink instead of a driveway, so if your in our neck of the woods be careful!

1 comment:

Sara said...

That kind of looks like the back of Dad's head, except for the tattoo. For a second, I thought he went and got one. Make sure Dad knows he should tip his barber; he might not otherwise.