Sunday, August 03, 2008

Healthy travels?

Since we are going away for a few days, I really don't want to waste all the hard work I have done this summer as far as eating right and exercising. So, I challenged myself to bring a BUNCH of healthy snacks with us on this trip.
Not only will it save us some $. Which we really need right now. It will also so the kids how to eat right even when your away from home.
Today we took every water bottle I have, about 10 or so, and we filled them halfway with water and put them in the freezer for the night so we can fill them the rest of the way in the morning and put them in the cooler for later.
We also made some Jell-o with gelatin so we can have finger Jell-o by the pool later. (Our Hotel has an indoor and outdoor pools.) Zeb requested vanilla pudding. So I made some (sugar free) and put in containers to bring with. I think Duner will be finishing that off.
We cut up green peppers, cauliflower, and carrots to bring with.
We are bringing some grapes, apples, bananas, peaches and applesauce.
I also cut up cantaloupe.
We are going to bring some whole wheat and oat bagels, whole wheat English muffins to have for breakfast or lunch, for sandwiches.
Now I like my salt from time to time, so I did pick up some cheese curds, but I am not a huge curd person... um.. unless they are deep fried and breaded, so I will be safe since these are not. We also have reduced fat pringles for a snack as well. Not great, but I do have some pretzels.

You think that is too much???

YOU HAVE NOT HAD TO FEED MY CHILDREN.

It is not perfect, but it a lifestyle that I can live with ... not a diet.

I am beat. Now I nap.

No comments: