Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ok, that was painful.

So my alarm blissfully tries to wake me at 4am, I hit snooze.
Five minutes later, it manages to get me out of bed. My body was moving, but my mind was says "Maybe it will be raining and I can go back to bed?".

I check the weather online.

Kinda looks like a storm briefly coming through our area! Then I begin to think of the other girls that were supposed to meet us and I can't just not show up. Even if there is a storm.

I grab my rain gear and hope that they are worried about the weather too and head out the door.
Yes. At 4:30am.
I was supposed to meet her at 4:45am at Y I work at, so I could shower and get ready for work there.

As I drive I see no one in the parking lot, waiting for me, so I drive further to see if Tammy and her hubby are walking up the trail. Sure enough they are comin'. Bummer. I have to do it.

"I am hungry" I thought. They were far enough away that I was able to stop by Mc Donalds for breakfast and eat it before they got to me. I need energy, Right? Of Course!

I sat in the car a short time before they came to meet me. It was still black out. I didn't know how the storm was looking so I brought my rain gear with me. They were booking right along when I joined them. She apologized for going so fast, but I was ok.

The plan was to walk to our work, Aurora in KK and back then I was going to walk all the way to their house and then back to the Y.

About 45 minutes into our walk the rain began. It was more like a mist again. We liked getting cooled off a bit but the water.

We walked to a gas station for potty break and headed back out to the Y. We stopped at the Y for some water and continued on to Tammy's house.
My left lower leg started to ache. Specifically the tibialis anterior. (According to the picture on the right) Tammy was game for running a bit which helped ease the pain, but didn't help the tiredness, of the walk. I made it to Tammy's at mile 9 for me, 10.5 for her.
After some water and a very appreciated banana I headed back to the Y. I decided to continue on going down to the end of her street and taking a different way to the Y. I ran 2/3 of it just to get it over with. I was tired. I had tried to get someone to take over my hours at the Y, but I had no takers. I made it to my car about 8am after 11.64 miles. I now know that last bit was the LONG ROUTE. I added almost 2 miles to an already long enough route!
Ok so it wasn't the 100 mile Lean Horse ultra that Mr. Geek Grl is RUNNing today (yes, he is running 10x my short route, and hoping to finish within 24 hrs!) Good Luck to Mr Geek Grl! WOW!
This was the route we took...

So I am home from the Y, I am not in pain, but my body just wants to lay down and not move. I kind feel like a slug. I am trying to help Zeb learn how to tie his new shoes. Thankfully that requires no leg movement. Right now he is taking a much deserved mental break.
We are trying to figure out how to make supper without me having to move.
Dang, I think my break is coming to an end.
*sigh*
It was nice while it lasted.

No comments: