Monday, June 20, 2011

2011 High Cliff Tri Race Report

First and foremost, I just want to give a shout out to all my friends and family that showed up at the finish to cheer me on! I loved it! Thank you so much for fighting the crowds and showing up to see me! (Even if we didn't meet up, sorry Julie, Wendy and Jennifer!)

It meant a lot to me that you all were there!
THANK YOU!!

At the start of the day air temp was 60 degrees, according to my phone. I chose not to wear a sweatshirt, 'cause I did not want to be 'to warm'.
Notice the people in wet suits? Yep. It would have been nice to have one. But no. I didn't.







Here I am coming out of the water. All of the sprint athletes had bright green swim caps. Half Ironman, had silver. I like this pic 'cause it looks like I made an effort on the swim. Just before this pic, I was walking. I knew I had a hill to run up so I was trying to save some energy. Although, I was excited to leave the cold water!!






Transitioning to the Bike.
This was the first year ever that I 'sat' and put on my shoes. I was taking my time. I 'borrowed' a cushion from the guy next to me that just left the transition area. Thanks #591! :)
He was a very nice guy, so I am sure he didn't mind.
The guy in the pic, by me #589 kept me going for the last 7 miles of the bike. We kept passing each other. I knew I could keep up with him since he had an ankle brace on.


After the bike I REALLY did not want to run... just like normal. I posted FB status updates during T1 and T2, I was worried about rain, so I ran out of T2 and tossed my phone to the hubby and got my ipod on while I struggled to get a rythum on the run. I was tired. I decided early on to work the 'galloway' method that geekgirl and I did for the Flying Pig Marathon. I worked! I ran most of the hill, by the time I was 'supposed' to stop I had my breathing down and really didn't want to take my 1 minute walk break, but did anyway. #589 passed my on my 2nd walk break, shouting some words of encouragement. I passed him again once but otherwise stayed behind him the rest of the run. He finished a whole 4 seconds before me.

2011
All done!!
Turns out, my swim improved (probably due to water temp! Brrr) and my run, but my bike seemed to be holding strong. It did improve by about 1 minute, but that is it. The run was backwards this year, from the last time I ran this race. We had more grass to run on which I hate!
I do
love to run on the shaded trails! The best part of the race was all the encouraging words the fellow Tri club people yell as we are all working toward the goal of finishing the race. It was great fun to see the ol' Fox Tri club buddies! Even got to start in the first wave with Dr. Al and the winner of the women, as Dr. Al announced just before we started the swim. (no pressure, right? but she did win!!)
Here is how it breaks down for me...

Swim 00:07:51.6 0:01:57
T-1 00:04:21.1 ?
Bike 01:13:23.2 17.9
T-2 00:02:37.0 ?
Run 00:33:41.6 0:10:52
Finish Time 02:01:54.7
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010 skipped out

2009
skipped out

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008... website didn't have the break down for this year.(had popped cartilidge in rib cage earlier that week, then tripped on the run)
Finish Time 02:04:47.1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007
(FIRST TIME WITH THE ROAD BIKE~)
Split Time Pace
Swim 00:09:18.0 0:02:18
Transition 1 N/A N/A
Bike 01:14:15.8 17.7742548446627
Transition 2 N/A N/A
Run 00:35:54.4 0:11:34
Finish Time 02:04:28.0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


2006
(FIRST EVER TRIATHLON, used a mountain bike for the ride!!)
Finish Time 02:28:20.6

2 comments:

Sara said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ziemendorf/

way to go, honey! I'm so proud that my little sister is so tough!

Feel free to share this url with Dr. Al, so he can see the pictures that I took.

Duners2 said...

Thanks Sis, for being there!! It meant a lot to me. Thanks for the great pics too!
: )