Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Randomness


  • My parents got a cell phone. Take two. Gadgets and technology are not my Mom's best friend. My Dad likes to fidget with 'em, but seeing how his memory isn't the greatest, he probably isn't the most help when it comes to 'techy' stuff. Maybe she will keep it on so we can actually get a hold of her when they are not at home.


  • First Triathlon event of the year is coming up in 8 days. I managed a 'mini' training brick last night. 10 min swim (380 yrds), 20 min spin (made up my own routine, apparently I like jumps and running on the spin bike), followed by 10 min run (.91 of a mile). I realized on lap two that if I put my head up, shoulders back and try to lead with my hips (I know it sounds weird, but trust me) I go faster with less effort! I felt like I was running like Forrest Gump but it worked! I will have to keep that in mind next Saturday.


  • Starbucks accidentally put SUGAR FREE syrup in my mocha. Bummer. : (... wait, upon further review, maybe it was too much peppermint. Color me disappointed.


  • So, these narrow KY roads have random drop offs on various curves through the countryside. I know what it sounds like to drop off one... not my fault, lets just leave that alone.


  • Note: Street cameras due work and if you are renting a car, the rental car company kindly lets you know they are charging you $15 above what the fine may be to let you know you recieved a fine. Another side note: Make sure your address is up-to-date or you may have to 1) hunt down the state the offense occured, if you are traveling thru many states or 2) get a warrent issued for arrest. I guess aim for #1. Again, not my fault. Also, going to leave that alone. (btw, does anyone know where rolling meadows is? Illinois? WI?)

  • I love plastic cars. Say, you swipe a cart return after getting too close. It bounces back! Just like a garbage can, only with small scrape marks left behind. This one is my fault, but we can leave that alone too. Just sayin' I am not perfect, I get it.


  • I wish someone would have sat me down when I was younger and asked me these questions... then again, would I have listened? I don't know... but wish everyone should make sure there kids know these, before and during dating. Worship- Who or what does he/she worship in the shrine of his heart?
    Words- Do his/her words (spoken and written) build others up or tear them down?
    Character- Who is he/she when no one else is looking?
    Personality- Who is he/she around other people?
    Interests- What kinds of things does he/she do to recharge?
    Feelings- Do you feel better about yourself when She/he’s around?
    Attraction- Is your attraction to him/her centered around something that will stay over time?


  • I just got my plates for the new car. Woo Hoo! I was able to put the 'PACKERS' license plate holder on it. Now we're stylin'. (right next to the 13.1 and 'swim, bike, run' magnets) Our letters are MCJ. Mc J, as I like to say... like Mc Juice, Mc Double, Mc Chicken... you get the picture...


  • Child #2 has an ingrown toe nail and is on an antibiatic for it. He is supposed to be soaking his toe 3 times a day... Those arbonne buckets are coming in useful after all!


  • I broke out the cutter and gave the hubby and child #1 and #3 buzz summer cuts. #2 has long hair so he has to go to a 'special' place for it. : )


1 comment:

Sara said...

Rolling meadows is in illinois. :)

I'm thinking about getting an Elantra. :)