Thursday, June 09, 2011

Bricks, I got em.


Bricks: training on two disciplines during the same
workout, one after the other with minimal or no interruption in between


They are key to triathlon training. My worst is getting off the bike and heading out on the run. Legs just feel like logs after the bike. They move but the nerves somewhere around the buttocks are hurting and don't recover too quickly. No matter HOW MUCH cushion you think you have, it doesn't help. Maybe more muscle does...I wouldn't know.

I have normally been my own trainer. My typical brick is swim to bike, swim to run, or bike to run. Something I have been reading recently suggested doing a brick of swim,bike,swim,bike,swim,bike. Basically swim 500 yrds, bike 5 miles and repeat x2.

I was hoping to get a 10 minute swim, 20 min bike, 10 min run in tonight. I am still hoping to get it in, maybe on Sunday I can try that swim, bike, thing or maybe a bike, run thing~ Hopefully it is not to hot out. Sunday the weather is supposed reach high 70's.

On a side note, being <10 days out of the High Cliff Triathlon, I am glad for the steamy weather recently... I hope it heated up Lake Winnebago enough for me to not go into shock for the swim!!
Looks like the 'high' for Saturday in Wisconsin is only going to be 70. This should be interesting!

P.S. I can not rave enough about how nice it is to pricey goggles. I actually paid more than $10 for them and they work GREAT~ no steaming up or water getting in 'em!! Worth every penny!!

No comments: