Monday, June 27, 2011

One Sweet Surprise

We dropped off the older boys at a youth camp for the week on Friday and since it was just the three of us we decided to surprise Z.

We told him to get his shoes on 'cause we were going for a 'ride', but didn't tell him where. He was bummed. He was looking so forward to spending tons of time on the PS3 since he was an only child for the week.

I jokingly kept saying to him "Aren't you excited? I would be if I were you". He just mumbled how he would rather be home. To his credit, he really didn't grumble or complain, just sat quietly as I tried to get him excited.

We pulled into the local mall and found a place to park, specifically on the side of the building, as to not get him to notice WHERE we were.

As we walked up to the front door he begins negotiating with me how he DESERVES a stop at Target and a lego toy for this...

Then we open the door... and then, he says...

'What the?' (insert big smile here) As he is looking around he says "You tricked me!"

Yep. We had a date with the movie, Cars 2 and my race crew.

It was great, just like Christmas in July. Oh, and after we got in the theater, I asked him if we were square. He said "OOOOOH yeah!".

: )

P.S. My favorite time of the movie was when Mater said to the 'zen gardener' "Ya, done good the leaves are all gone!" lol. How can you not love Mater?

No comments: