Monday, June 13, 2011

Chicken liver + turtles = LOVE. And other un-imaginables...

Last Saturday the hubby took the two youngest to a local fishin' pond. A guy near them decided to use chicken liver as bait and he was catching fish like crazy! The boys were using red worms. The guy let my boys use some liver, they caught a turtle.
Think it is a fluke thing? The next day they bought their own liver and caught 3 turtles!!

My oldest was a bit on top of things on Sunday morning and he is more than willing to do anything around the house. He cleans the cat litter, vaccuumed my car, went willingly to church on Wednesday AND Sunday!! Of course, all of this is at a price... he is trying to sweet talk us into letting him stay home for this upcoming weekend. I am just going to milk this out a bit...

The hubby has given up soda. Completely. He is doing amazing. I never thought he would do it. 10 years ago his doctor tried to tell him the sugar was crazy, but finally the work 'physical' showed his HGBA1C was creeping up. I tried to tell him that meant his body was having a harder time dealing with the sugar that he drank every day. Something sunk in!

Child #2 got A's and B's, and actually smiles everyday. When we moved down here, heck, even before we came here he was a grumpy Gus. I feel partly to blame. I would be angry at the hubby for something he did, or said. I would keep it in, and just take it out on the people around me. I was frustrated with not being able to do anything about it. Now, I have learned to correctly direct my frustration, and be happy at my kids. And ya know what? It works. My kids don't deserve my problems, and all I was doing was pushing my problems on them.

Almost one full year later and I STILL LOVE MY JOB. This job was meant for me. I can't say enough about it. I can not imagine any other job that I would like more. The days are flying by!! Well, time to go to bed!!

3 MORE DAYS UNTIL WE HEAD TO WISCONSIN!! WOO HOO! (with the new car too!)



No comments: