Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Back from Adventure

This weekend I went to Illinois with my sister, Sara. It was Great! We had driven to Schaumberg first. We went to the hotel to check in. First, water features in a hotel lobby are not a great Idea. Before you are able to check in you have to go to the bathroom. Most people are staying at a hotel because they have traveled a from a far. You dont spend 4 hrs traveling and not have to use the bathroom! Why do they tourture their guest that way!
Anyway, Next we went in search of IKEA. How anyone could miss it is beyond me. It is a HUGE blue building with bright yellow letters!!!! Once we found it we also found a prime parking spot!! Great parking Karma, as my sister said. When we entered the place, which is like a 3 floor department store warehouse, we immediately went up to the second floor. I bought a huge picture frame for a cross stitch I did for Brock, a 10 pack of batteries for 2 bucks! (Better then liquidators, Dad!) I bought a clock for our new toy room for 2 bucks. We went up to the 3rd floor and they had kitchen items and living room items. I was kind of looking for a hanging pot rack, but they didn't have one that I was looking for. We also ate there on the 3rd floor. Yea, they had a full on buffet resturant complete with chefs waiting to prepare your plate. I had a Oreintal Chicken salad (I have learned I don't like cilantro, YUCK) and my sis had a bowl of Bean soup in a bread bowl, which looked great. Finished off with chocolate cheesecake, mmmmm.
After eating we ventured to the first floor and checked out.
After that we went to the hotel and decided to see a movie. We saw A Lot Like Love. We both liked that movie.
We then ventured to the Cheesecake Factory. Need I say more. YUM. YUM.YUM. Love Godiva chocolate cheesecake. I have a severe chocolate fix problem.
We had walked to the Cheesecake factory and back so I can justify the 2 cheesecakes for the day. : }
The next day we went to Six Flags Great America. Our high school that we graduated from was having their end of the year trip to Great America that day! It was cool to see all of the kids from our school there. We went on every coaster or ride possible. It was cool!
gotta go!

No comments: