Friday, May 20, 2005

The count down begins....

Today Reece had a lovely shade of bumpy pink skin today when I got to my parents house to pick him up. Reece is a boardline hypochondriac. He automatically thinks he will die with the slightest illness. Brock likes to act like band aids have magical powers that once applied the pain instantly disappers. And he also believes that they must be changed hourly. Ok, maybe not that much but I bet he does at least 3 times a day. Zeb has discovered how much attention you can get if you make a HUGE deal out of the slightest injury. Two nights ago he cried most of 2 hrs after he took a digger outside. (He scraped his knee and toe, one of which actually required a band-aid). He is learning from the Brothers, but he just can't get the potty concept from them yet. He now knows the difference (finally) from poop and pee. Yeah!!!
It is less then 10 more days of school left. Now as I remember we NEVER had off the in the month of May, except for Memorial day. Now my kids were off today and Monday, Memorial Day. That is not right! Oh well.
I have this 'chore chart' for the kids this summer. Will also have a 'Reward Chart'. Some of the rewards are staying up late, an hour of TV or Electronic games, Bake something, get a soda or candy. Things that are inexpensive. Last year I tried to have the kids mark on paper like a 'time clock. That lasted all of two weeks, I believe. This year with the rewards I am hoping will be different. At the very least maybe it will be easier with the 'system' I bought it will be different. The kids have to move cards from morning, noon, evening,and extra pegs to the I DID IT holder on the board. For every card moved the get a token (included in the system). They could earn up to 50 tokens per day. The rewards work on a tier system. For 50 tokens they can watch one hour of TV, for 100 tokens they can buy a soda or candy, ect. You get the system... Reece has been Very Interested in it. Brock has been somewhat interested. I had bought one for Zeb, but I am not going to open it unless they seem to take to it. We will see.

No comments: