Thursday, May 12, 2005

The confessional

Today Brock confessed to me about something. We got home and he wanted to go to his friend Tim's house. Tim has a trampoline. He wanted to play on it. I said no. The weather is too cold. He tried to do something else but he came up to me later and said, "Mom, I have to confess something." He went on to say how he cheated on his math homework. I asked why he did it and he said it was too hard. Math doesn't come easy for him. I asked him how he should be punished and he almost cried when he said that he should tell his teacher. He is really a very good kid. I didn't feel that I should punish him so I told him that I really don't need to punish him, since his concious was doing a good job of it. I told him that life always works that way. When we do bad things we will get punished one way or another. I believe Oprah said it best when she recently had Tracy Gold on the show. They were talking about how everything happens for a reason. She went on to say how we are to learn from the bad. Those are signals from God, first it might be just one brick, then a few more, and then a brick wall but in the end we will get what we deserve one way or another. I couldn't agree more.

No comments: