Saturday, July 23, 2005

One week down the crapper...

I will try to put a positive spin on this one but it has been pretty crappie. After the wonderful boating experience, I learned that a co-worker of mine passed away. She was 52, 5 kids and 7 grandkids. Great lady. She had rare cancer. She fought it for 4 years. Which was amazing considering she was supposed to be in stage 4 by year one. (which is very BAD). If it wasn't for her we wouldn't have been able to go to Mexico 3 years ago. She volunteered to watch the kids for Duner and I so we could go. In the end my mom did most of it, but I believe if we couldn't have found anyone my mom wouldn't have done it. Even though she had just finished a round of chemotherapy and was getting better she was willing to watch my 6 month old baby and two older boys. She always had fun things to do with kids. She was a Jehovah Witness, since they don't celebrete Christmas, she would do special things for the Grand kids. She made a very neat treasure hunt a couple of years ago and the kids Loved it! There was a few weekends that she would tell her kids bring over all the Grand kids for the whole WEEKEND! She was our joker at work and will be GReatly missed. Even my kids loved her. I went to work with the kids and their happy meals once and she told them if they didn't eat it she was going to. Everytime we would go after that the kids would ask if she was going to be there. It was cute.

Before Sheila died we had a office meeting scheduled to discuss a whole lot of crap going around at work. A lot of complaining is going on but very little is getting acomplished. Since she died they decided to cancel the meeting and replace it with a Employee Assistance Meeting. I think it was the wrong answer. It was a nice thought but we need this meeting. I am getting sick of being a sounding board for all of the nurses to bash one another or anyone to bash anyone. My jaw hurts from keeping my mouth shut! I really just nod and say ohh that's too bad, when I am sure there is a good reason for what happened people are just jumping all over everyone. I have 3 kids at home that are behaving better. They are taking lessons from Dr Al. Don't get me wrong. He is a very nice guy, but he has the tendency to get mad say what is on his mind then say he is sorry and all is forgiven, but the girls aren't forgiving each other. They seem to be holding a grudge. I miss Loretta. She was a registered nurse that retired last year after over 40 years with Dr Al and his dad. She was very jolly and mellow. She would tell you if she had a problem with you not tell everyone else BUT you! Rarely did anything in spite.

But at least I lost some weight this week. Yeah! The nice 18 mile bike ride probably helped. I think I am going to weigh in today. It will be worth it. Well Sorry to ramble, but I must go.

No comments: