Thursday, July 07, 2005

Well, It's crunch time

I have less than 10 day until my 18 mile bike ride. I went for a 10 mile ride today. I have to go for a longer one yet sometime this weekend. I will probably ride from my house to my work and back. According to mapquest that is a 15+ mile ride. Not to mention the not so friendly hills.
Sigh.
Anyway, as I write this Brock is out on the front porch trying to talk Zeb into coming in the house. Zeb's not biting. Brock is now offering a piggy back ride. It worked! We'll see how long he stays.
Zeb's newest thing is knock-knock jokes. He never has a punch line, but if you don't answer right away with 'Who's there' he will say 'Knock-knock' louder and louder until you respond. Then he says ' Jake' , 'house', bike', car, or whatever else he sees around. He doesn't quite get the concept that you are supposed to say a little more.
If you saw Reece this week you would think he was the saddest kid on earth. He has such a miserable life. He was so upset many times. He didn't understand why we said "No" to lighting off fireworks after a late movie night at the drive in theater. HMMMM. Go figure.
He also thought just because we went to the cabin we were supposed to leave to go swimming. I don't mind them swimming, but Zeb feels I must walk with him as he wades in the water. Never going up to his waist.
Brock has been the same sneaky kid. Picking on his brother until he comes crying to me and then denying he did ANYTHING wrong. I think Reece really puts up with quite a bit from him. Brock's way of cleaning his room is craming anything possible under the bed, and then hiding everything else.
I saw on TV that those bikers in the Tour De France, have to eat 7000 calories a day!!!! I LOVE that!
Well I must go fold the laundry.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Go Rachel Go! Remember to bring a water bottle when you go on your big bike ride this weekend. It's supposed to hit 90 degrees here in Madison!