Sunday, July 24, 2005

Zeb's run in with the LAW...

Well today we had many visitors. I Duners nephew Cody was here since yesterday, 4 neighborhood boys, one girl, and my regular 3. Boys are wild. When you add the puppies in the mix that makes you pretty happy only 3 are yours. Today was INSANE! It was incredibly hot to begin with, so I let the kids all play with water. Some would play in the basement with the PS2 and some would be with the puppies. I had wet kids all over, even puppies too at times. I just figured I would throw in a pizza for supper, make it easy. Well by the time everyone was fed, including Zeb, I thought for the first time today I can sit for a little bit. I made my rounds, check for Zeb, check for kids 1-7, check for puppies. All good. I watched a show for a bit, got up to look for Zeb he was gone.
Well, At least he should be easy to notice. All he had on was a little swimmer, since they were all playing with water. We went around the block, no Zeb.
I summond all the kids and we went searching, I noticed a group of people standing around on a corner like they were looking at a auto accident but I didn't think too much of it. I was walking the opposite side of the block when one of the neighbor kids came up to me and said he is with a cop. I said' Is he ok?' I was thinking so that is what the group was starring at. I went up to him and he said "MOM!" and started off toward me. I walked up to the officer and asked "Is it considered child abuse if I put him on a leash?" He laughed and said, "Not after I leave."
He took my name, Date of birth and Zebs name he said just incase he does this again. For some reason I am afraid he is living up to his name sake. Not very fearful. He came home and had a nice early bedtime tonight. He is now sleeping. I am so open to any ideas. Shock collars? Alarm collars? I have 3 doors to the out side. 1 to the front, 1 to the side and 1 to the back yard with a 6 ft fence. Hmmmmm. I must go do some research...

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi Rach: My co-worker Sue thinks you are crazy to have 7 kids and 2 dogs in your house at one time. She laughed about Zeb's "run-in" with the law. I told her that it might happen to her in a few years. (She has one little 18 month old boy) We both think the puppies are cute, but think you are crazy! Puppies are a lot of work! I hope you don't end up taking care of them! Gotta Run! S.