Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mothers Day Weekend.

We headed up north this weekend to our cabin. I had picked up some movies and warned the kis to get their clothes packed. By the time we packed up the kids, dogs and 'stuff' it was 7pm and we headed out.

Since we brought back the pontoon boat we had it sitting in front of the 3rd stall. The 3rd stall is were we keep our trailer that we bring up for the dogs. One of the dogs seems to get motion sickness and always leaves us a present by the time we get where we are going, so we like to keep them in the trailer.

We decided to try to watch a movie but we got too tired and went to bed by 9:30pm, yeah I know pretty sad.

The next morning was my running day. I wanted to run 4 miles. As soon as I woke up I took our yellow (and more behaved) lab and went running down the road. We didn't get very far and he needed to leave a present right in front ot the local tavern. I managed to run down the road for 25 minutes and then I wanted to head back. I was happy that Lighting only got in my way 2 times. I nearly fell both times, but I caught myself.

After the run I had the kids help us load up some garbage from an old travel trailer that was in the yard. At the dump the kids enjoyed picking on some deer statue's that someone had dropped off near the dump. We had an old fridge from the camper, but we couldn't drop it off at the dump, we had to drive to another location. During the drive we discovered just how covered we were with TICKS. I had 8 and Duner had 6, then when we got to the location we checked better and we each found 4 MORE! We had 20 ticks on us. The kids each found one.

Zebbie FREAKED OUT when he saw one on his foot. It took extra long to get it off because everytime we found it he would try to shake it off his foot.

After lunch we played some games of horseshoes and got set to go fishing. We caught a couple large mouth bass and saw one really big one in the water. Brock wasn't so interested in fishing, and he had his swimsuit so he wanted to go to slippery rock so Zeb and I went and checked it out with him. A tree had fallen so we are now able to cross the stream quite easily. The water was too cold for normal people but Brock and some others ignored their body temperature.

Back at the cabin again we got ready to head to town. Duner took Zebbie to the races and I took Brock and Reece to Spiderman 3. I really didn't want to go, but this was a small theater and my other option was sitting at the races or cabin without being able to drive anywhere with Brock and Reece. That just didn't appeal to me. I could just imagaine them complaining about how bored they were.

After the movie we went back to the cabin, made some smores and headed to bed.

The next morning Zeb actually slept til 9:15am. That is when Reece decided to wake Zeb up. I don't think he ever said that before.
Reece actually came up to me and gave me a kiss and a hug, and later Zeb did too.
What a great Mothers Day gift.

No comments: