Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A slow warm day.

It was in the 80's today. I made sure our windows were closed early in the am so we wouldn't have to put on our central air.
I spent the morning organizing the boys 'TO DO' list for the summer. This is to limit my frustration with them being off and 'bored'.
I named Brock the MASTER OF THE BATHROOM. He will tackle the dastardly germs, and fearlessly fight the soap scum. Not to mention, sustaining the shiny force field around the toilet.

Reece was named KING OF THE KITCHEN. He will seize the army's of dishes that come his way, while preserve the foods goodness by keeping the counters food free.

Zeb was named LORD OF THE LIVING ROOM. Of Course, I am not expecting him to really do much, but I want him feel like he has a job to do, like his big brothers.

So after I finished that, gave Zeb a bath, and picked up Lego city from the boys room, I washed out our garbage can. We have a bin that we haul out to the curb every week and bring it back when it is empty. I had wanted to clean it all winter, but with Zeb's school I just brought in the container and didn't have time to clean it. Well, the entire time I cleaned it a red wing black bird flew overhead. Apparently making sure I didn't come any closer to its nest than I already was.

Later Zeb wanted to take the dogs for a walk. I volunteered Lighting since he will eventually catch on. We didn't go far since it was threating to rain, so we came back and Zeb ran in the house to get a coat on to protect him from the rain. He came out and set up a watching post, as you can see. He was ready.

After supper the boys couldn't wait to hop on the computer, Reece had finished reading a book called THE SECRET KNOWLEDGE OF GROWN UPS. It has a cute way of telling kids why they need to finish their milk (or an atomic cow will blow up), not pick there nose (because it could affect their brain), and eat their broccoli. I can't remember why that was but it was cute.

So I let them play on the computer for a while. Apparently they can only sit on their butts so long in one day.

No comments: