Friday, July 04, 2008

Fox Firecracker 5k!

Early Friday morning we all got up to wander down to our town's library for a 5k run / walk. Reece was acting like I was torturing him, but by the time we got there we were just fine.

He gets that from his father, who also acted like a pooper when I asked him to meet us there after plasma.

Sheesh.







Since the a Dr we work with was organizing the event, many of the girls from work actually signed up too! It was great to see all the girls doing this too! This was Dr Al's Nurse Tammy and a pharmaceutical Rep, Claudia, with me in the picture.
Tammy was cheering me on at High Cliff this year and hopes to do her very own Triathlon NEXT YEAR!!








This is Katie (on the left) and Angie (right) with yours truly in the mid section! They were thinking of doing the walk portion.
Katie also was cheering me on at High Cliff this year. It is so GREAT to see them here today!











This Race began with
"3 grown men jumping out of a perfectly good airplane"
...as Dr. Al put it. This is the second guy. I missed the first one he was going to fast for me. These pix are kind of deceiving, because he was much closer than he appears in this picture.




This was the 3rd guy. If you saw this arrive and you knew the area, you would be impressed. Needless to say we were on an island in our city, surrounded by water... and utility wires, lots!
They did a great job! I wonder how much that flag slowed him down.








I finished in 32 minutes. I did have to tie my shoe, again. Just like High Cliff. Zeb and Duner came RUNNING in first after me, then Reece, and Brock a little bit later. Zeb did a great job. He REALLY just wanted to finish before Reece. Considering all the hills we did I think we all did a excellent job! (Hey, we even had DONUTS AND COOKIES for the HALF WAY MARKER!!!) HOW COOL IS THAT? (guess who had 2 cookies? Zebbie of course!)
After the race we enjoyed pizza, chocolate milk, and good ol' American apple pie. Then we headed up north to watch the lunch parade at the cabin.

Now we are getting ready to launch some fireworks.

We have helicopters, airplanes, tanks, race cars, and parachutes... Do you see a theme?

No comments: