Sunday, July 13, 2008

Odds -n- Ends

1:Brock soon will be EMPLOYED. Yay! He is super excited right now. He will be delivering a local weekly shopper newspaper for $6 per week. We have to get him a work permit on Monday! Reece was extremely jealous, but Brock is already pawning, er... Sharing the working and payment with Reece. I honestly see Reece keeping up with it more than Brock but you never know. I hope I am wrong. You don't want to ANNOUNCE that to Brock, like Reece has, that is just setting him up to give it up.

2:The legos are now in, what is Brock's Room until we finish the basement. I am sick of the mess. Zeb is no longer allowed to touch them. Reece now has got my permission to take legos from Zeb's hands if he is playing with them.


3: I am DOING AN IRONMAN!! Ok, maybe a half Ironman... Ok, maybe an indoor half Ironman... oh yeah, did I mention it can be completed in 28 days? He. He.
Our Local YMCA is doing this INDOOR IRONMAN for their Strong Kids Campaign. We are on the honor system. (Honesty is one of the Y's core values) So we personally keep track of our miles and they keep them posted FOR ALL TO SEE until you complete it. I think I will live at the YMCA on July 21st and 22, just so I can finish in 2 days.
OR Not....
: )

2 comments:

Sara said...

Whew! You had me going there for a second!

Let's see...2.4 miles of swimming. Let's say over 6 days. .4 miles of swimming a day. Easy.

26.2 miles of runnning. Let's say...in 3 mile chunks...8.5 days.

That leaves ... 13.5 days for biking 112 miles. 8.29 miles a day. Totally doable.

Wow! That's a great program!

Sara said...

And Congrats to Brock for joining the working stiffs.

My first job was sweeping the gym after lunch where we ate our bag lunches and taking out the garbage.

I think delivering papers is better.