Saturday, July 26, 2008

Healthy Choices

So I am trying some new recipes with the Sparkpeople.com meal plan.
I figure if it is good for me it is good for the family.

Here is how they rated... on a scale system of 1 fork (bad) to 5 forks (excellent).
Italian Veggie bake....... ok, I would say about 2 forks. Baked Veggies... that is pretty much it. I likes my veggies, but not the entire meal. (Thank goodness they let me have cornbread with it)
Kids rating... 1 fork.
Oriental Rice.... definitely 1 fork. Yuck. I like my rice with cinnamon and sugar. (and spray butter) I can eat it, but it has neither salt or sugar. I really need a touch of either.
****Kids rating... 1 fork for Zeb and Reece, 4 forks for Brock. (He INHALED it!) I told him to remove the fork from his plate before he gets hurt.
Salmon Patties... 5 forks! Yum! What can I say, I already made these before, so not anything new there.
****Kids rating...5 forks. No need to ask them to clean their plates with this one.
Portobello Burgers... 5 forks!! Double Yum! It was just like eating steak! Loved it!
****Kids rating ... 2 forks. Reece was the only one that tried it. I also had made hot dogs, just in case and Zeb & Brock, couldn't bring themselves to try it.
Roasted Potato Mix... 4 forks. This may have been better if the recipe told me to cook longer, but they were just a touch hard. Next time I will make it just abit longer.
****Kids rating... 4 forks. They liked this one.
Baked Tater with Broccoli, kidney beans, sweet peppers, low fat cheese and Salsa...
4 forks (surprisingly). I really had my doubts on this one, but I ate what it said (and my plate was FULL). The kids were not home when I ate this one, so I don't have a kids rating for this one.
Rotini with Steamed veggies...
5 forks! This was yummy. I am not a huge pasta fan, but I did like this one. Heck, even the kids did too!
****Kids rating... 4 forks.

No comments: