Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Not so fun, and Fun at the Fair

Monday I began the Indoor Half-Ironman at the YMCA.
I swam first at a different Y, because I didn't want to share my lane for almost an hour worth of swimming. I kept having my goggle loosen up on one side, which was kind of nice then I was able to pause for a minute and catch my breath to adjust 'em.
I was going along great when I realized at lap 32, I still had 8 more laps to go. I had forgotten it was 1.2 miles, not just ONE. But I just kept going and got 'er done!
Then I headed to the other Y and hopped on a bike. I did the bike that you sit on like a chair (recumbent), not upright. I must say, I like the normal one better. I felt like I had to work harder to keep my legs horizontal, instead of just spinning. I did manage a short 1.1 miles on the treadmill too.

Tuesday I was pretty busy, but I knew we were taking the kids to the fair, so I wanted to get a good workout in. One hour on the bike. 20 miles.

Ironman totals so far:
Swim: Completed. 1.2 miles.
Bike: 30 miles done. (26 to go)
Run: 1.1 mile done. (12 to go)


Tuesday we took the kids to the fair, enjoyed beer battered cheese curds, funnel cake and corn on the cob. Hungry yet? mmmmm.
I weighed in for the morning and made certain that I worked hard on the bike for an hour that day, so I could enjoy the food at the fair.

On the way to the fair, I could hardly talk to Duner because the kids were making so much noise in the car. They were so excited to get to the fair.
The kids each got to try their fare with the games. They shot down cups to win a couple of plastic guns. Brock chose a large rubber ball instead. The kids spent about 30 minutes running between the Tilt-a-whirl and the Graviton rides. Zeb discovered how fun the Fun Slide was, and hit his head in the 'House of mirrors' by walking into a wall. He went for a couple of spins on a motorcycle and car rides. Zeb also thought the mini tractor pulls were fun. They had some lawn tractor pulls going on that night.

It was free to park and get in last night and they had wristbands for a set price, so the kids got to run and ride all night.

The bad part is the not so nice language that surrounds you and the DRAMA mama that yells and stops her feet 20 feet in one direction, then comes back again to tell all that she is 'outta here' after they don't seem to care that she left in the first place.

Some people are amazing.

It was cute, after with left, I heard Zeb say to Reece "That was a pretty good day, wasn't it Reece? We got our guns... and rides..."

Awwwww.

No comments: