Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Where did the Summer Go?

Where on earth did the summer go?
Next week is already picture day and registration for Brock and Reece. I am pretty excited about this, since Reece normally takes crappy pictures for some reason or another. Either it is his forced smile, or a stain on his shirt. One year I had to get his picture retaken 3 times! Argh! Very frustrating...

I have had to work or show up at work every day for a week and I have to work til Sunday when I am finally off for almost a week. I am looking forward to that break. Next Saturday we have a neighborhood block party that the kids really are looking forward to. They eat lots, drink lots (of soda) and get to play all kinds of games with the whole neighborhood. I get to cook a dessert and TRY to avoid the huge amounts of food calling my name... Geez. Then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we will be in Wisconsin Dells with the kiddo's. Mt Olympus is calling our names this year. (And we will HAVE to visit Paul Bunyans!)

We are also buying a new SUV. and getting rid of the Camry. It will be a Saturn. We had one (Black) all picked out and ready to buy, when Duner found another one (Silver) that we also liked, but it is more $, less miles and it has a sunroof (which I like). Grrr. But since Duner already put $ down on the Black one, if we change our mind and go with the Silver, we are out about $350 bucks. So now we are wondering if the extra $ is worth getting exactly what we want. Hmmm.

Today is supposed to be Brock's first payday. He is super excited. He has big plans for his tiny paycheck. He wanted to become a member of a website called Runescape, but in August the fees are going from$5 bucks a month to 6 and that may not be ok. I told him he needs to save some of his $, and give some to church. (So he can learn how to budget his $) He loves to spend his cash. Anytime he has money his mind races to figure out how it can leave his hands as quickly as possible.

I worked 1 hour on the drywall in our basement this weekend. I am officially doing the part I HATE. I am slapping 'mud' on the seams and making them pretty and I HATE IT. If you want me to be instantly crabby? Just add some mud and an unfinished ceiling calling my name. Yuck.
You basically are putting 'mud' on the ceiling and hoping it doesn't fall onto the floor in chunks because you want to get finished so fast because you HATE doing it in the first place. It kinda fells like painting a HUGE ceiling but for all your hard work you only get a 8 foot section done at a time, when it feels like you did 50 feet. Grrr. If you are reading this, consider yourself invited to come over and help! : )
Well I have to get ready to weigh in today. I was avoiding the kitchen by typing this up, sorry it is so long...Have a great day!

No comments: