Thursday, August 04, 2011

Birds and the Breeze!

With our garden we have many critters, from Deer, bunnies, wood chucks, humingbirds and butterflies!
Brock came out to join me as I was sitting out by our garden. One of my favorite places to just hang out and AMAZINGLY while he was talking my ear off about his college future, we saw a hummingbird try to come up to our corn stalks! Of course this was just before the storm came thru Wednesday morning and pushed over many of them.Funny thing is, now those stalks of corn are now growing upward. They are resembling a letter C. Kinda funny!

The rest of these pictures were taken from a collection of common KY butterflies.


The Monarch, very common... but check this out...

Viceroy, The 'poisonious' Kentucky State butterfly! I will have to pay more attention to these.

Orange Sulfur, one of these landed on our flowers of the cucumer plants we have, so neat to watch it suck out pollen.
Black swallowtail, This was one of my favorite ones. So pretty!

No comments: