Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Success!

Looks like the first day of school was a success.

Brock managed to get some key classes that he wanted that fall in line on the road to becoming a pharmacist. He will be taking Latin, Anatomy, Psychology, geometry, English and History this year. He left it up in the air all summer since we apparently missed the 'enrollment' during the spring for this current year. I am a bit concerned about his anatomy class. I hope he heard wrong but he said they will be dissecting rats, pigs and CATS?? Really? Cats? I hope he heard that wrong. : (

Reece was happy that he got one of his favorite teachers again this year. (Apparently the teacher also passed the 7th grade... ha.ha) I can see why he likes him so much, take a look at some of his 'Tremendous 21' rules...
#4: If you are asked a question in conversation, you should ask a question in return..
#7: Always say THANK YOU when I give you something. (yes, that includes test's and detention)
#8: When grading other students papers, the only marks you are allowed to make on others' papers are an 'X' and the number they got incorrect.
#10: Never ask me for a reward
#13: When I assign homework there is to be no moaning or complaining. This will result in a doubled assignment.
#16: If you have a question you can email me. Use the following message for your email.
"Hi Mr.S...., this is ------------. I need help with the -------------homework. You can email me back until ---:00. Thank you."
There is no need to leave this message fourteen times.
Zeb sadly is not in love with his teacher. It will be a rough year I am afraid. Not sure if the teacher was reading his report from last year, but at Open house I did not get a 'warm and fuzzy' feeling from his teacher. I thought she was just having an off night, but maybe not. That is ok, this may be what he needs. He likes to 'pretend' he is weak and too little to do things.

No comments: