Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Saved by the Bell

First day of school tomorrow and apparently I have much competition for the prestigious Slacker Mom of the year award, since the website with the bus information for my older two kiddos has 'connection' problems. I keep trying with no success. *sigh* Oh, well we are going to assume that they should do the same as last year. I know the youngest one's exactly the same, so that is how we are going to pretend the older two's work too!

Tonight I managed about 3.5 miles at the gym. I did pushups and squats between each mile and the last half mile was done once I got home. It was just to nice out to NOT do it! Beautiful night!! My goal was 5, but that flew out the window for some reason my breathing is not quiet right. Could be the 10 extra pounds that I have to haul around since we moved here... but I digress..

I. am. amazed. I can not tell you the last time I read a book from cover to cover so fast in my LIFE. And I am NOT joking! Over 230 pages in 3 days. For me? a BIG deal!! It was the true story of Denver Moore and Ron Hall. I started it Sunday night, cried for about 10 chapters last night and then more crying over my lunch hour at work today! Awesome book! Great story. Maybe that is what drives me to help the homeless. They have not yet many of them are so grateful for the little we can give them! Truly! One guy on Saturday only wanted a $1.29. Yes. 129 pennies. Ok. granted it was to buy him a 40 oz. beer called Earthquake that has 12% alcohol, but still. Only wanted some change. He had much promise that guy. Young too. Smart, but had anxiety problems.

Last Thursday night to Friday my 13 year old stayed up all night to 'get used to school' so he could sleep well the next night and start getting up early. I kindly suggested his plan may have a slight flaw and maybe he should try something next to his head in bed called an ALARM CLOCK. I explained how it was SUPPOSED TO WORK, since his body rejected that theory last year and NEVER woke up to it. We shall see how this will work tomorrow!

My oldest needs reminders to CHECK his email. Especially since applying online for jobs they may contact him that way. He says his account has too much spam. I better save that one for another post! (breathe)

Ok kids! Time to hit the shower!



No comments: