Thursday, August 25, 2011

THREE. Count 'em, THREE workouts this week!! Woo Hoo!

Ok, Grandma Z, I will write about the other two kiddos soon, but for now...
Tonight I hit the gym. The last time I went for a 'long' er run, I actually made pretty good time. I was pleasantly surprised when I logged 3.51 miles in 36 minutes, which made it a 10.12 minute mile pace! Woo Hoo! Including the hills, I will take it!

I have been breaking it up by running 1 mile or 11 laps on the air conditioned track, then 10 pushups, 10 squats, and lunges across the cardio theater. I. LOVE. THE. CARDIO. THEATER. What a great concept. Put insecure people in a dark room to workout! No worry about who is looking at you! (especially with some pretty sad push ups!)

I actually managed TWO workouts so far this week and are planning a Saturday morning run with a friend and the hubby, so I am happily thinking I MIGHT actually get all three workouts in this week!! No 'real' mileage. Just four miles and a bunch of reps. But if it can help with the speed, SWEET!! Not that I am competitive, but the hubby is a natural runner and I might have to try and keep up with HIM soon!

No comments: