Monday, August 01, 2011

Things That Make Me Happy!

1. Texas Chili in the cafe at work!! Yum! Apples, blue cheese and dried cranberries... ok, sheesh, I should just say ALL FOOD!

2. Our Garden. We are hoping to grow herbs next year in our garden. Right now, our watermelon, cantaloupe, tomatoes, cucumbers and corn are doing well. Our Squash is ok too, but we planted that a bit late in the season. Our Zucchini and pumpkins probably won't be makin' it this year due to the animals we have been feeding. We sprayed some chemical that keeps the deer and bunnies away (it really worked!) but it doesn't keep woodchucks away. My hubby believes that a .22 would do the trick.

3. Baby Deer. Just saw two last night in a nearby neighborhood. No Mom in sight, hope she was close by. I don't know how they survive with all the heat we have had recently. almost 2 weeks straight of temps over 90!

4. Music. Nothin' like letting your mind wander in a tune. My personal favorites are Adele and Francessca Battistelli, currently.

5. Coffee and Books. I love to cuddle in a chair and sip some Java while I enlighten my mind with some knowledge. Currently I am reading Radical by David Platt and still working my way thru the Bible (been on the Bible for two years now, still working through it!)

6. A good whine. As in, I don't wanna workout today! But in the end... oh, it feels sooooo good! On a side note.. I may have just become a boot camp instructor at our church on Saturdays. YIKES!!~ More as this develops.

7. Fluffy cat. Specifically ours. She is an independent gal, but when she is hungry, she is the NICEST girl you ever met! I like her to go hungry about once a day. : )

8. Hikes. This past weekend we didn't get our 'state park' hike in that we wanted but we 'hiked' in downtown Cincy and helped give water and lunches to the folks at the drop in shelter. Met some interesting people. We are hoping to do that more often! (didn't bring the kiddo's on that a wee bit too scary)

9. My family. <3 I have some pretty terrific family and am so very grateful they are in my life. I know I can be an idiot and a goof ball and no matter what they will always be there for me.
: ) Love you guys!!! (and gals)

10. My Salvation. As messed up as I am and still do, knowing I am a child of God and will always have his forgiveness makes me especially happy.

No comments: