Saturday, March 24, 2007

Friday Brock had a Birthday 'Play'. He was invited to a party which each person was a 'part' in a story. Brock was set to be King Howard. He was to be the King of Salusia. He was about to be overthrown and things were not going well.
He spent much time on Thursday night trying to figure out what he was going wear. They asked that each person dressed the part. I told him he should wear camoflauge since his character was almost in hiding. He laughed but declined. I told him to dig out the Halloween costume bin and see what we could find. My mom had made a biblical costume for a Halloween party at church party, I tried to tell him that would work fine. He didn't want to until we went online and looked up Midevil Kings clothing. It said "Short dresslike tops with tights".
"No Way am I wearing tights!" He quickly says.
He decided the costume I suggested wasn't so bad. We also thought of trying to get a Burger king crown for the costume too.

Friday was the party. It started at 5 pm, I thought it was 6:30pm. Duner called me at 4pm and told me that it was actually at 5pm. We didn't have a gift yet either. So Duner had to get him ready and to the party in 45 min.
He brought his costume in a bag, just incase other didn't show up with theirs on. They quickly ran to Walmart and bought a card and gift card. After asking me at work to look online and find the location of the house, they set off to find it. They managed to find it, but Brocks stomach was acting up. They drove past a few times to make sure that they had the right house. Duner said they saw some girls going in all decked out and then they knew they were at the right house. After that Brock started getting a bad case of the nerves and decided to go back home.
So he came home and watched movies with us.

Today Brock Invited a friend from school over. His name is Jacob. He reminds me of what my Dad probably looked like at 12. He is really in to racing and has a Brother in law that works for a Nascar driver, making engines. He was a very nice kid. I am glad that Brock is getting more friends. Earlier this week I pushed him to go play with the neighbor kids in the backyard. Believe it or not I had to have him stop his homework so he could play. I don't know many parents that have that problem.

No comments: