Monday, March 26, 2007

Let the sunshine in!

Some days it is so hard to stay indoors.
Today was one of those days.
I am lucky enough as it is to work part-time. But with weather in the 70's, and sunny like it was today, I can't but to take it all in. I had all the windows open in the house from 7am this morning. I cleaned up the house while I waited for the floor guy to come and fix some warrenty work we had done. I was just loving the sunshine. I couldn't sit down. Zeb was torn. He wanted to play on the PS2, but he wanted to be outside. He told me about 6 times that he was going to run around the house. He just threw on his winter boots and ran out the back door.
He let us go to Lowes to pick up some stones and seeds, for various outdoor projects. We came home and I was able to hose out the garage. The frost had come out of the garage this weekend and it made out floor very slippery. Zeb was in and out of the house the entire time. I had promised him that we could go for a walk. When it was time for the walk he opted for the scooters. So both of us jumped on a scooter and walked thru the neighborhood. I found myself in a hurry, but Zebbie was a speed demon. I tried to slow down, it was so nice there was no reason to rush. I did want to make cookies or bars when we got home and we talked about what to make on our walk.
When we got home he placed his arm on the wall above his head and said "Mom, you can't go to the store, you have no money. You didn't go to the bank. (sigh) I'm tired! I don't want to go."
Not even treats could get him to go to the store!

No comments: