Saturday, April 14, 2007

Oshkosh Half Marathon Part Two...

So after Duner finished he said to me "Yuck, I am sweaty and stinky."
Apparently working that hard is new to him. I met him and gave him a big hug and that was thought. It was then Zeb's turn. We left Oshkosh and I drove in case Duner got tired but he was wide awake and talking the entire time.
In fact he couldn't sleep when we got home. I think he was so excited with what he had accomplished. What I love most about exercise is it makes people happy. I enjoyed the ride home. He was talking about how he needs to have the kids join him next time. NEXT TIME!
He actually wants to do it again! He said not a triathlon yet, but he didn't rule it out. He wanted me to find out about more of these to do them again.
Zeb's Turn...

Zeb was SO EXCITED, to be doing his run. He loved his t-shirt and his goody bag he got. It had a Frisbee, cup, energy bar and 2 pencils. I must have asked me 5 times if it was time for him yet. He was also adamant about how to get to the location. We found our way to Uncle Cory's house and parked in front of it. It was 2 blocks from the finishline and where the kids run took place. We walked up and began to see the older kids walking away with medal's around there necks. They just finished the 10-11 year old mile run. They were doing the 9 year old run and kids were running all over. We had to listen to the announcer to figure out when it was Zeb's turn. I had Brock and Reece bring him to the Start and I went to the finish line trying to get an action shot. No luck. The kids ran so fast I missed it. So many of the kids had white t-shirts on. He was one of the first 10 kids that is for sure.They must have told the kids to wait right there for the parents, so I had to walk around the fence to get him. They had given him his medal and he kept looking at it.
After the run, Reece must have been jealous because he kept asking Zeb to race on the walk back to the car. We stopped by Uncle Cory's to use the bathroom and say hi to Cory and Gage. It was 11:30am and Cory looked tired. He said Gage had been teething all night so they were trying to get a nap, but Gage woke up shortly before we got there.
After the event, we headed home and managed to take one more shot. Zeb's pretty please with himself. Reece didn't want to be left out of the spot light. He definitely wants to be in on the next one. Brock said Dad will make him, so he will be doing it anyway.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Way to go Zebbie!